What is the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon?
The Airtel Delhi Half Marathon (ADHM) is an event that gets the community in Delhi pumped and motivated to push their limits and experience the joy of running. The 11th edition of ADHM is being conducted on the 21st of October 2018. ADHM is also a chance for organisations like Rang De, to connect to new people and raise funds. We’re registered as a CSO partner for the marathon and this means that you can support Rang De’s mission of alleviating poverty, by participating in ADHM.
The run has five categories, making it open and inclusive to everyone:
Who are we and what do we do?
Rang De aims to address credit needs for business and education of low-income households. We offer four kinds of loans:
- Microcredit loans to support livelihood activities like farming, weaving etc.
- Education loans to support secondary and higher education.
- Micro venture loans which are tailor made loans to self-help groups, producer companies and cooperatives.
- Solar loans to power access to solar based home lighting systems.
We have significantly reduced the interest on microcredit loans and offer them at maximum of 10% (flat rate). Over the last 10 years, our community of investors has collectively financed 65,758 loan requests (93.35% of our borrowers being women), raising over Rs 77 crores.
By transitioning into an NBFC P2P under the new RBI guidelines, Rang De is taking a step forward in social investing. Join us today by visiting our platform rangde.in
Why support Rang De?
The unique feature of our model is the revolving nature of credit. Every time a loan is repaid, the loan amount is reassigned to another borrower, creating an infinite loop of impact. Our work is based on the belief that each person has the potential to improve their lives themselves, and deserve the chance to do this. By supporting Rang De, you are giving people a chance to stand on their own feet.
How you can support us:
- Charity Bibs: You can run for Rang De by purchasing a Rang De charity bib. They are priced at Rs.6000 for the half marathon and Rs.4500 for the timed 10K race. Please fill out the form here and we will get back to you with more details! Charity Bib sales end on the 5th September.
- Corporate Cares: We’re on the lookout for companies who would like to sponsor employee running teams for the marathon. Write to us at email@example.com for more details. Registrations for corporate care partners end on 30th August.
- Fundraise for us: Help us get the word out and collect donations on our fundraising page.
Our Delhi Chapter will also be running for us in The Great Delhi Run (a 6km run). You can join them and have blast while also supporting Rang De. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Choose to make a difference by investing through Rang De’s new platform rangde.in