2012 has been an eventful year for Rang De. Presenting our Top 10 moments of the year!
- Rang De presented Leadership Expert and globally-acclaimed author Robin Sharma in Bangalore in February 2012. Robin Sharma presented ‘Winning Leadership Lessons’ to build a great organization in his seminar, ‘Lead Without a Title’
- The Rang De team met Prof. Muhammad Yunus at the Bombay Gymkhana in February at an event organized by Grameen Creative Labs, India to brainstorm and come up with a strategy to build a “Social Business” ecosystem in India.
- Rang De Co-founder and CEO Ramakrishna Nk was formally inducted into the Ashoka Fellowship in September 2012! 9 other change makers were inducted and recognized for their outstanding social entrepreneurship.
- Rang De was the 1st runner up in the ‘Best use of Internet for Social & Economic Development’ at the 2nd India Digital Awards! Rang De also won the SAFRG (South Asian International Fund Raising Group) Fund raising Campaign of the year Award — New Media for its ‘World Cup Fever’ Campaign.
- Raghu Dixit became Rang De’s Brand Ambassador and Social Investor this year! He was a part of the Rang De Freedom Bus concert where he interacted with Rang De borrowers and performed for more than 400 people in Pusad, Maharashtra
- Rang De was featured in the Microfinance India: State of the Sector Report 2012 for being a Web-based Microfinance initiative. Microfinance India: State of the Sector Report is an annual publication on the microfinance sector quantifying its growth and performance.
- Rang De was featured on CNN IBN’s series India Positive as their Diwali Special! India Positive is a series that showcases stories of courage, hope, inventions, discoveries, harmony and peace!
- Rang De crossed Rs.100 Million worth of social investments this October! We’d like to thank everyone that has been a part of our journey for helping us get here.
- Trafigura Foundation and Deshpande Foundation joined hands with Rang De in 2012 starting new relationships.
- Rang De joined hands with many new Field Partners in 2012. Among them is Ramon Magsaysay Award winner Ms. Neelima Mishra’s Bhagini Nivedita Gramin Vigyan Niketan.
A big thank you to everyone that has been a part of our journey so far. We’d also take this opportunity to invite new people to join our exciting journey and be a part of the Rang De family!
To comply with RBI regulations, Rang De’s lending operations are moving from rangde.org to our brand new platform rangde.in. Visit rangde.in to continue social investing.