- Chaitanya Nadkarny, Rang De President
If you are tuned into Rang De’s Facebook page and Twitter feed, you know that we made it to the final list of social innovators in Bihar and Maharashtra State Rural Livelihood Missions programs. The Bihar Innovation Forum awarded Rang De the third prize in the Financial Services sector – something to be really proud about given the credibility and track record of all finalists in this sector. So why are we at Rang De so excited about these missions and in particular, working in Bihar? What does it mean to you – our social investor – to our Field Partners and to the borrowers?… Read further
- Smita Ram, Rang De co-founder and Managing Trustee
Rang De co-founders Ram NK and Smita Ram recently returned from the 3 day Ashoka India Future Forum 2013 where they interacted with over 170 Ashoka Fellows from the across the country. Presenting Smita’s experience at the Ashoka #IndiaFF.
In 1980, Bill Drayton founded Ashoka – a global organization that recognises outstanding social entrepreneurs and works with them to help facilitate long term social change. I believe the term “Ashoka” is apt as I am reminded of Emperor Ashoka who after having conquered, gave it all up.
Cut to 2013 June 27th to 29th at the sprawling Infosys campus spread across 115 acres.… Read further
Rang De was started with a desire to make a difference. 5 years on, we believe we are on our way to doing just that. This 26th January, Rang De turned 5 and through the highs and lows of our journey, we’ve impacted more than 19,000 households. We’d like to thank everyone in the Rang De family for the love and support they have continually shown us! This year, we pledge to work with renewed focus to reach our goals and make our platform and initiative as transparent as possible.
We take this opportunity to share exciting news with you.
The last five years have seen social investors from 27 different countries join us and now, we’d like to welcome the entire world to join us!… Read further
2012 has been an eventful year for Rang De. Presenting our Top 10 moments of the year!
- Rang De presented Leadership Expert and globally-acclaimed author Robin Sharma in Bangalore in February 2012. Robin Sharma presented ‘Winning Leadership Lessons’ to build a great organization in his seminar, ‘Lead Without a Title’
- The Rang De team met Prof. Muhammad Yunus at the Bombay Gymkhana in February at an event organized by Grameen Creative Labs, India to brainstorm and come up with a strategy to build a “Social Business” ecosystem in India.
- Rang De Co-founder and CEO Ramakrishna Nk was formally inducted into the Ashoka Fellowship in September 2012!
… Read further
We are excited to announce that we have just completed three years of Rang De Microcredit! We are as paranoid as ever before about our mission to make low cost microcredit a reality. As an eco-system of team members, field partners, borrowers, social investors and volunteer chapters, we believe that microcredit needs to be:
- affordable, if it has to be life changing
- sustainable, not necessarily profitable
- more socially rewarding than financially lucrative
We are all set to give it our all in the next few years. Our aim for the next three years is to reach out to more than 100,000 underserved households in some of the most remote areas of India.… Read further